During the last year we have started to use the wonderful new tennis facilities in Kirkby Lonsdale. For the winter we have seen Winter Membership increase as members from other clubs in the area have joined our club in access the indoor courts in the Lunesdale Sports Centre on a Monday and Wednesday evening.
We will be starting the summer season very soon and, as in the past, club members will be able to use the outdoor courts at designated times out of school hours (and during the holidays).
The new facilities mean that tennis has become a year-round sport in Kirkby Lonsdale and possible in all weathers with the access to the indoor courts.
We are hoping that these great new facilities will attract many new members and Kirkby Lonsdale will become a key hub for tennis. The LTA is keen to use the facilities too, so we expect it to become a regionally important centre for tennis.
All abilities and ages are very welcome at our club, and the fees represent exceptional value for money, so please re-join and encourage others to become members as well.
The fees will remain the same price as last year and a membership form is included for you to complete and return as soon as possible.
The club will keep you updated on further developments around the Astroturf courts and how we will book the indoor courts in the future.
The aim of the Club is to encourage people to play tennis. Some members prefer to arrange games between themselves but you may find you get more out of the club if you join in with some of the sessions that we organize:
Summer – 1 April 2019 to 31 August 2019
- Club night open to all adult members and juniors from year 7 upwards, when supervised by their parent or guardian, with the emphasis on playing social tennis, encouraging all abilities.
- Club night from 6.30 pm – 8.30 pm
- Astroturf courts, QES School, Kirkby Lonsdale
- Club play 11 am – 2 pm
- Astroturf courts, QES School, Kirkby Lonsdale.
- All members are welcome
- Courts are not available on 8th June, 29th June and 24th August
- We have a Mens and a Mixed Team in the Kendal District League this year. Please indicate on the application form if you wish to play in either of these teams.
- John and Jo Lowery are the team captains, so please give them a call if you need more information.
- The matches are held on different evenings in the week, 6.30 pm start.
- Home matches will be held on the outdoor Astroturf courts.
1 September 2019 to 31 March 2020
Indoor and Outdoor Tennis
Monday & Wednesday
Club night in the Lunesdale Sports Hall, booked sessions with further details to follow.
- In partnership with Endmoor Tennis Club, Kirkby Lonsdale has also entered a team to the Veteran Teams League (Over 40 yrs)
- The matches are held at 1pm from September to March with home games played at Endmoor TC on Wednesdays. For further details contact Jo Lowery.
- Members play 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm
- Astroturf Courts (floodlit)
- All members are welcome
Other times for outdoor play
- For people wanting to play outside these times, then please use either the current outdoor courts or the Astroturf Courts, subject to availability. The courts will be locked during school holidays and a padlock code to access for the Astroturf courts, will be available in due course
- Courts are available, during term time after 6.00 pm, at weekends and during school holidays, subject to availability
- For insurance purposes, only paid up members may use the courts as this time.
Junior members must be supervised by their parent or guardian at all times.
The club is fortunate to have the services of LTA Club Coach, Jon Griffin, and his team of coaches who operate in the South Lakes area. For details of the range of courses on offer and coaching opportunities, keep an eye on the notice board or ring Jon on 077721 067581.
Now the club has the LTA insurance in place, there are LTA benefits included called ‘Places to Play’. The main benefit that we would like to highlight is that all members are entitled to FREE British Tennis Membership, which enables you to enter the Wimbledon ballot. Being part of the club, you will be automatically entered to join. We encourage as many members to do this as possible to increase the chances of the club to be issued tickets to go to Wimbledon. The deadline for the 2019 ballot has been missed for this year, but if you haven’t already, then all members need to ‘opt in’ to be in the ballot to increase the club’s chances for Wimbledon Tickets next year and it is free to join.
For further details go to www.lta.org.uk or call the LTA British Tennis Services Hub on 020 8487 7000.
KLTC Annual General Meeting
End of season AGM will be held on Thursday 7th November 2019, all members are encouraged to attend. Further details to follow.
Committee Members for 2019
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact:
- Martin Holborn, Tel 015242 73263, Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dermot McDaid, Tel 015242 42310, Email – email@example.com
Men’s Team Captain:
- John Lowery, Tel 07831 458756, Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixed and Veteran’s Team Captain:
- Jo Lowery, Tel 07979 817272, Email – email@example.com
- Angela Cockram, Tel 015242 73801, Email – firstname.lastname@example.org